Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fresh perspective...











Well, that last post left a lot to be desired...yikes! I was in such a terrible mood...but I was feeling humorous as well...
Today I'm feeling like things are more normal than they have been in quite some time. The girls are all sleeping all night without waking up to wail for no apparent reason. Aspen is sleeping 12 hour stretches so I feel like a new woman! It was pleasant today in terms of temperature and I could see a silver lining. I wish I could rejoice even when all is gloomy and I'm irritable but hey..we are all a work in progress, right?
We have decided to continue home schooling Lily. Our other options didn't really work out and I figured out some of the hoops I needed to jump through in order to keep doing what we were doing in Florida without having any major issues. I am slowly making some new acquaintances that are home schooling and I'm confident by the fall we will have a lot of the resources that are available to us figured out and can feel a bit more connected here.
Doug's job is going well. He's got a big task before him but I'm confident he will be able to do it (with God's help!) and it's great to see him enjoying his work for the first time since I've known him! Praise God for that!!!
So, that's it for now folks...here are some more pictures that were taken in Naples before we moved..enjoy!

3 comments:

Hartman said...

Great pictures Lisa!!

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Hey Lisa,

I laughed when I saw these pictures (before I read the explanation of them) and was going to write, "So...I'm guessing these weren't taken in Maryland!!" I grew up in Africa and for several years during that time, we lived on the beach (our mission compound was on the beach; now how lucky is that?!) so I can sympathize with having to go from FL to MD.

Your house looks darling!! So cute.

I hope your adjustment goes better. Moving is always hard. But that's really cool your husband is so happy!

For Such A Time As This said...

Great pictures. I'm so glad you are settling in - I will keep you in my prayers. Also, I'm glad you decided to keep home schooling - I don't think you will be sorry! Love ya!