Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Warning...I'm not in the best of moods...

When I leave a cup of ice water on the counter/table and return an hour later, it's still a cup of ice water....not a melted, sweating cup.

When I leave butter on the counter to soften so I can bake with it, it doesn't soften.

When I bring a mug of coffee in the car on the way to CBS and leave it because I don't have enough hands to carry it in with, it's iced coffee when I return to the car instead of being warm like it was when this would happen in Florida.

When I open my car door to get in or out of the car I have to hold the door pretty securely or it might just rip off the hinge...I'm not kidding. This has happened to people we know.

I never needed GPS in Florida, nor wanted it. Doug bought me one for Valentines Day after I got lost on one of my first outings.

I find myself staying in pajamas all day on many days. The thought of going anywhere in this cold is anything but appealing.

Sage throws a complete tantrum whenever I try to put her winter coat on. She sits in her car seat and looks so stiff and...well, basically ticked off.

My hands are borderline numb as I'm typing this...I'm not exaggerating. Do they make heated keyboards?

I have to remind myself every day that GOD brought us here. Otherwise I would be hauling butt back to Florida.

That is all for now.

4 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Ooooh, I know your pain, girl. 4 years in Michigan with 4 little kids had me pulling my hair out and hibernating indoors just like you. All of the winter gear and even just trying to go grocery shopping. By the time you get back out to the car you practically toss kids into the car as well as all of the fragile groceries and freeze you butt on waiting for the car to warm up. NOT FUN.

Anonymous said...

Nice post, the butter one is my favorite! Have you used your blender to make any yummy soups yet?

For Such A Time As This said...

I can not imagine how you feel - I ice over when I visit my parents in NC in October! (It is not cold in NC in October!) Florida thins the blood - but, I hear it thickens back up pretty quick. Hang in there - God has awesome things in store!!

Ginny said...

Reminds me of when we moved to Virginia from Georgia-although it wasn't quite such an extreme climate change.