Thursday, October 15, 2009

Arachnophobia


Ok, I hate spiders as much as I hate frogs which is saying a lot because I HATE frogs. Anyway, Lily and I have had this game going for over 3 years now with a fake spider that looks real...at least to me it does. I'll attach a picture to this post so you can get a good laugh out of me and roll your eyes if you want at my "realistic" spider..!!!
Anyway, so the game is we are allowed to hide this spider on each other and there are no rules...it can be anywhere...even in food! So, we have had a lot of good screams and laughs over the years. I think Lily's best so far was hiding it in the refrigerator on top of something..I can't remember what but I owe that one to my sister Rachel. She caught wind of this game and gave Lily some pointers. The ONLY rule with this game is neither of us are allowed to hide any other sort of fake creature at all...NOTHING. No fake snakes or bugs or anything and since I hate to be scared (LOATHE IT) we also are not allowed to scare anyone in this house. Period.
Well, since our move I haven't seen the spider. I've thought of it over the past 7 months or so but never knew where it was. Until today.
I went to put on a pair of shoes and felt something...I immediately pulled my foot out and threw the shoe across the room (no screams yet) and sat and pondered what to do. Doug is at work so I knew I MUST do something otherwise whatever the mysterious monster was would be on the loose. I got my courage together and picked up the shoe and hit it against the floor and out came the spider however in MY mind it was a REAL spider and I screamed so loud and felt my heart stop all at once. I HOLLERED for Lily to "GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE YOU ARE SO DEAD" and she came running....by the time she got to me I was laughing but poor Lily burst into tears when she saw that I was kidding with her. She literally thought I was mad at her..!!! So we both collected ourselves and she walked away feeling pretty proud of herself. She said "mom I did that A LONG time ago!!!"...she had even forgotten about where the spider was!!!!
I called Doug to tell him this story and he said that we must make the spider go "bye-bye" so that he doesn't come home from work one day and find his wife dead from heart attack. I don't know if he's serious or not...we'll see. But WOW...I've had enough excitement for today.
Ok so don't be getting any great ideas all you cyber friends...if you scare me, you might not be my friend anymore...ha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok It's December 26, 2009 and I am just finding out for the first time that my wife has her own blog. It's been fun to relive the last 2 years or so reading all of them. Some brought tears and others laughter. I love you Lisa! XOXO