Monday, July 28, 2008


I have made several attempts over the years to start a blog. I have no idea why it's been so challenging for me to keep up with it. I love reading blogs, I am GREAT about keeping up with my facebook account and my flickr account...but now I feel the need to make this blog work. Why? Because I'm going to be the mommy to 4 very soon (our baby is due in November) and I already am not really able to spend time catching up with friends and family on the phone. During naptime when it's quiet, I spend the time reading or sleeping or just enjoying the quiet. I don't want to sit and jabber. My mouth wants to stay shut (unless I'm eating my lunch...it seems I can never eat my lunch during "lunchtime" for the kids...i'm too busy getting them what they need that I often just wait till naptime to sit and enjoy mine!) and I have found that I'm really in need of downtime where I'm not concentrating on what someone is talking to me about. If I don't get this time, I'm usually not too fun to be around the remainder of the day when naptime is over. I miss catching up with friends and hearing about their kids and husbands and what God is doing in thier lives, etc.  I have enjoyed the blogs of many of my friends and it helps me stay in touch.  When September rolls around, my quiet retreat during naptime will be filled with homeschooling my oldest daughter, Lily. She is entering 3rd grade, she's 8 years old and our 2-3 hour of quiet in the afternoon is our time to do school.  It's extremely easy to punch out an email or publish a post. It takes me minutes to do either one and I can do it even when I have 3 children awake and hollering or singing or talking in my ear. It's quite a bit more difficult to have a phone conversation while this is going on. I have friends that do it but I am not wired that way.  I need quiet in order to really concentrate on what someone is saying to me on the phone. I often wonder how people can sit and watch television while they are talking to me on the phone...I guess if it's just a constant noise that one is accustomed to hearing, it is not a big deal. So, all that to say, here I am, once again trying to get this blog off and running. I hope to figure out how to make it look more appealing (I think my wonderful older sister is going to be helpful in that area!) but if not, at least you'll have a place to come and read about my life and see what's new with us, if you care!  I realize that making a blog invites many people into my life that normally wouldn't even know I exist but I'm really not concerned about that right now. Maybe I'll be able to be an encouragement to other moms out there...other homeschooling moms, other moms that are completely up to their ears in kids, other wives that want to love their husbands in a godly manner, other women who are trying to be good friends....

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: